We believe children are uniquely special to God. The care, education, and protection of little children are an integral part of the church’s mission and identity. Our nursery exists to further display the love of Jesus for His people and for the world at large. Our goal is that children and their families will come to know more about Jesus and His love through this ministry.
Our Nursery Classes
- Infants: 0-12 Months Lobby Nursery, first room on right (Babies move up to Toddler I room when walking well.) There is a room for nursing mothers and crying babies located at the back of the sanctuary, from which you can hear the worship service.
- Toddler I: 12-18 Months Lobby Nursery, second room on left (Move to this room from Infant room when walking well.)
- Toddler II: 18-24 Months Lobby Nursery, first room on left (Move to this room from Toddler I when 18 months.)
- Two’s: Outside nursery, first classroom on the left (Children move from toddler room to 2’s on 2nd birthday.)
- Three’s: Outside nursery, middle room (3 by 9/1)
- PreK4: We have a Preparation for Worship class for our 4-year-olds as they transition from the nursery to the worship service. These children attend a portion of the service, then are dismissed during the hymn just before the sermon. This class meets in the Lower Warehouse. (4 by 9/1 and attending Kindergarten the following Fall.)
- Kindergarten and up remain in the worship service.
Serving in the Nursery
Nursery volunteers serve once every six weeks and we’d love to have you serve the church in this capacity!
For the safety of our children and volunteers, Redeemer requires background checks on all adults working with children. There is a simple form to complete at the link below. You’ll need your social security number and driver’s license number. List your current address and any previous addresses you can recall. You may leave extra address fields blank. There is no charge to you for this service.
- Friday mornings at Herman C. Michael Park in Watkinsville from 10-11:30am
Meeting times and locations are subject to change. Email Heather Morse to get weekly reminders and updates! All are welcome!
Liz Sherard, Nursery Director | firstname.lastname@example.org